Monday 7 March 2016

Sjogren's Solar Eclipse Soup

So what is this Monday's soup? My son bought me cauliflower,  sweet potatoes and fresh spinach.

I have some left over cauliflower so that can go into the vegetable soup. Cauliflower a great veg, I like cauliflower cheese with a sunday roast. I also like cauliflower with a coconut and curry sauce.



When my son was a child he only liked to eat raw carrots and raw cauliflower like his dad. So I just let him eat what he liked, as I knew his body would eat what it required, he also ate a lot of fruit, so I provided him with a big fruit bowl every week. His favourite fruit was the Kiwi.

Back to our Solar Eclipse soup, Mother and Son. You will require a large pan filled with water for this lovely soup, as the pearl barley and red lentils will thicken the soup and there is lots of vegetables in it. It will make enough for you to freeze for some for the days when you don't feel like cooking.

Health benefits of cauliflower. Half of a large cauliflower went into the soup.




A large sweet potato, history and nutrition, superfood, good for your blood vessels and plenty of manganese.


A handful of red lentils 





A large spoonful of pearl barley 66% manganese 





1 large leek

Leeks are excellent for anyone that has arthritis 



Rock salt, black pepper, and paprika to your taste. 

2 large cloves of garlic, more if you like more. 

When it is nearly cooked, taste, adjust the taste if required, prior to adding your bag of spinach. 




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUcQrCPOqRk


No comments:

Post a Comment